Friday, November 29, 2019

Thanksgiving dinner, last night

We set off the smoke alarms last pm while searing the turkey! 😎 At the table: Grandma, Uncle Tom, Aunt Jennifer and her friend Sharon, Kam Yoon, Arley et moi. I made a turkey and bone-in rib steaks (all sous vide), chia seed bread and a baked tray of delicata squash, beets and onions. Sure the expensive beef was tender and moist, but the turkey was.
Un. Believable. I'd cooked steaks for everyone, minus myself, and offered turkey morsels to everyone at the table. Shockingly, almost everyone asked for another, larger slice!
Sharon had adopted Aunt Jennifer's meal plan (we didn't know she had one) and claimed to have lost 50 lb--wow. She raved over my chia seed bread (of course, it's not on her schedule!). Uncle Tom brought a burnt loaf of bread--a result of baking while distracted--he ate a slice, but thankfully broke no teeth. Sharon brought Brussels sprouts. Aunt Jennifer made a salad. In a musical mood, I'd bought (parsley) sage Rosemary and thyme, but only used the sage and Rosemary.  Instead of thyme I should've bought time 😎--I'd use that. I used sage to season the turkey and rosemary to season a tray of roasted squash, onions and beets.

Much credit goes to daughter Phoebe for mentioning sous vide this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment