Wednesday, May 27, 2020

sous vide chicken breast

In too many places on the internet and the instructions I received from the maker of my sous vide cooker, Instant Pot, the temperature for cooking chicken breast to juicy and soft is 145 F/63 C. I've been using the Celsius scale lately because of I can dial in the temperature much more precisely 0.1 degrees, than the 1.0 degrees on the Fahrenheit mode.

When I first got the cooker, 63 degrees seemed like it cook the chicken breast to juicy and soft, but lately, the chicken seemed more firm than soft. Before I even Googled "sous vide chicken breast", I cooked a breast at 62 C for an hour. I didn't see much difference. Google results showed 60 C for 1.5 hours for soft, juicy. Yes, 60 C @ 1.5 hours was better, but today, 59.5 C for 1.5 hr was really good.

Wow. Should I push the envelope? 59? Gotta check Google to see if anyone has done 59.
Peace
Out

No comments:

Post a Comment